1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
1/4 cup lemon juice, from the lemon you grated the zest
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup Unpacked coconut flakes
Powdered sugar for dusting
Preheat the oven to 350 and line the baking sheet with parchment paper
1. Cream the butter and sugar together until well blended.
2. On low speed, add eggs, one at a time, until blended.
3. Add vanilla, lemon juice and zest, mixing until blended.
4. Add salt, baking powder and flour and mix well. Fold in the coconut flakes until evenly distributed.
5. Using a spoon, drop the cookie dough in the baking sheet about two inches apart.
6. Bake for about 12 minutes or until the edges are just brown but the center is still light. Cool on the wire rack. Dust with powder sugar.
* I am linking this recipe to Tuesday and Wednesday PARTIES in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!