Amazingly delicious power breakfast. Soft, peanut butter flavored French Toast stuffed with bananas and crunchy peanuts and topped with smooth peanut butter honey sauce.
I’ve been on such a peanut butter and banana kick lately!
Just about every morning, I have peanut butter and banana smoothie, or toast, or just a banana topped with peanut butter and peanuts. My husband have been suspecting something other than a harmless flavor addiction though. But really, that’s all it is….a
pretty severe harmless addiction to flavors. I’ve actually been craving many peanut butter treats lately. Over the last month, I’ve made peanut butter cookies twice and peanut butter overload brownies. Now I found another breakfast idea that incorporates peanut butter into my day. A delicious, warm, peanut butter flavored French Toast stuffed with bananas and peanuts and topped with warm, smooth peanut butter honey sauce!
How can you possibly go wrong with peanut butter at breakfast? …or snack…or dessert… Come to think of it, my peanut butter love is not very sudden, it started the day one of my friends introduced me to MaraNatha creamy peanut butter while I was in grad school. I used to make baked good with peanut butter but wasn’t big on eating it straight. One day, my friend brought this peanut butter and apples to work and swore that she found the best peanut butter ever created. She talked me into trying it and that was it…I was hooked! Went to the store right after work to get a jar and never bought a different peanut butter since.
Peanut Butter Banana Stuffed French Toast
- 4 thick slices of French baguette cut at an angle
- 1 large banana
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter slightly warmed
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp whole milk
- Cut baguette into 1 inch slices, on an angle to create longer slices of bread. Make cuts in the middle of each slice to split it in half for stuffing, but don't cut all the way through.
- Slice banana into thin slices and chop peanuts.
- Stuff each slice of bread with some banana slices and about a tablespoon of chopped peanuts. Press each slice.
- In a wide bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, sugar and warmed peanut butter until it's as smooth as you can get it.
- Heat up some vegetable oil in a large cooking pan, over medium heat.
- Generously coat each slice of stuffed bread in egg mixture on both sides, lightly pressing on bread with your fingers while coating.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, until eggs are cooked and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, combine ingredients for sauce in a small bowl and heat it up in a microwave for 30 seconds, at half power. Start whisking slowly to incorporate the ingredients together and then whisk vigorously for a few seconds until smooth.
- Top each slice of French Toast with peanut butter sauce. You can add some chopped banana and peanuts on top.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Blueberry Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast from Maebells
Savory Parmesan French Toast with Hollandaise Sauce from The Food Charlatan
Overnight Apple Pie French Toast Casserole from Crazy for Crust
Bailey’s Spiked French Toast from Beyond Frosting
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Delicious Recipes From Me: