Tasty, tasty, tasty turkey meatballs baked with the wonderful garlic and Parmesan flavors and crusted with crunchy pretzel coating. These meatballs could be easily made with ground chicken too.
You guys, I have not cooked all weekend and I’m sure you’re noticed an absence for a few days in a row. It doesn’t happen often but there is always a reason.
My baby started kindergarten today (Monday)!
It’s pretty safe to say that I was a wreck today…yesterday, and pretty much the whole weekend. I will most likely be a mess for the rest of the week too. Pre-K was so much easier and now it’s the real deal. It’s school for real and he is not too happy about that. No more sweet and easy pre-k, no more leisurely doing little crafts and singing songs all day. This is now a jam-packed schedule and quietly following rules and doing work. He is so not up to that. He is my son for sure, and that means stubborn and bossy to no end. If he doesn’t want to do something, he won’t do it. Needless to say, he had a rough first day. Now, this mama bear wants to keep her baby at home. But I know he has to go back to school and we’re both sad about that.
So it did take me a couple extra days to get these scrumptious meatballs to you but I hope you’ll understand and the meatballs do make up for it. They are SO delicious. I love the crunch of the outer pretzel crumbles plus the crumbles on the bottom soak up some of the juices…yum! I used pumpernickel pretzels, that’s why the meatballs look a little darker, but you can use any pretzels you fancy. Addition of fresh grated Parmesan cheese and garlic inside is pure heaven to your taste buds.
Pretzel Crusted Parmesan Turkey Meatballs
- 1.25 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ¼ cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 tbsp mined parsley
- 4 pretzel rods (or other pretzels that will
- 1/2 medium onion yellow or Vidalia, sliced thick
- Place pretzels in a large zip-lock bag and smash them with a meat tenderizer. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients, except for crushed pretzels and sliced onion, in a large mixing bowl and mix until completely combined.
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease an baking pan (or an oven-safe skillet).
- Form meatballs that are about 1 1/2 inches and roll each meatball in crushed pretzel. Press lightly and place them in a baking dish or an oven-safe skillet. Scatter sliced onions in between meatballs.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes (depending on the size of meatballs).
- Great pairing for these meatballs would be some mustard roasted potatoes. Just toss cut potatoes in a little bit of Grey Poupon mustard, salt, pepper and brown sugar and roast in the oven. (You can check this recipe for reference.)
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Spicy Asian Chicken Meatballs from This Gal Cooks
Homemade Meatball Subs from Recipes That Crock.
Baked Orange Chicken Meatballs from Just A Taste
Bloody Mary Meatballs from The Iron you
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Delicious Recipes From Me: