I had this idea in my head to make muffins that were so loaded with apple that you could only see apple with a little batter. I made this idea come true with these pumpkin apple muffins. When making these, don’t be concerned that it looks like there is too much apple. That’s the idea for these muffins, that you can’t have enough apple in each bite.
Pumpkin Apple Muffins
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 large Gala apples peeled, cored, and diced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a muffin pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg, brown sugar , buttermilk, melted butter, pumpkin puree, and vanilla, until combined.
- Sift in the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until all incorporated.
- Using a wooden spoon or a rubber spatula, fold in diced apples until evenly incorporated.
- Scoop batter into the muffin cups, filling it ¾ of the way.
- Bake for 30–35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
(Find it HERE)