This is one amazing burger, a cheeseburger and a quesadilla in one. Juicy burger in between two cheese-covered, crispy flour tortillas topped with corn, tomatoes, fresh jalapeno peppers, avocado and chipotle mayo.
I was totally moaning the entire time I was eating this messy, juicy, oh-so-delicious burger!
Yes, it is that good! Zesty and loaded with fresh veggies. The best part is the cheesy, crunchy tortilla “bun.”
I really wanted to have a burger night last week and I had a hard time deciding on the one to make. Actually, the hard time was caused by way too many ideas in my head rather than not being able to decide. Since I had some gorgeous ripe avocados to use up, I wanted to make a burger with avocados. Since I was adding those, why not go all the way and add jalapenos and corn and Mexican cheese, right? Well, I just took it all the way and made it a Mexican themed burger that’s a hybrid with quesadilla.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 medium yellow onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves grated or pressed
- 2 Tbsp minced cilantro
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 4 small flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese mix
- 1/4 cup canned corn drained
- 1 large jalapeno pepper seeded and sliced
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/2 avocado
- Chipotle Mayo:
- 2 Tbsp mayo
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- Dash of paprika
- Combine ingredients for the burger in a medium mixing bowl and mix very well, until all ingredients are incorporated throughout.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat and add a little bit of vegetable oil.
- Form two burger patties and try to get them wide so they fit on the tortillas. (Remember that beef will shrink as it cooks.)
- Cook on both sides util burgers reach desired temperature. (Prepare your toppings while burgers are cooking.) Take out the patties and set aside.
- Drain burger juice out of the pan and add four flour tortillas. (Or do two at a time if they don't all fit in the pan. Prepare bottoms and then tops.) Divide cheese among all four tortillas, evenly. Cook over medium-high heat until tortillas are crispy and cheese is melted. Take off heat.
- Add corn to two of the tortillas. These are the bottoms.
- Take bottom tortillas and place them on the serving dishes. Place burgers on top and then top off with jalapeno peppers, tomato slices and avocado slices.
- Mix chipotle mayo in a small bowl and add it to either a squeeze bottle or a small zip-lock bag. Drizzle mayo mixture over the burger.
- Top off with the other tortillas.
- (It's easier to eat this awesome, juicy burger if you cut it in half.)
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com. All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Jalapeno Cheddar Burger from Spend with Pennies
Mexican Chorizo Garlic Shrimp Burger from Lady and Pups
Stuffed Jalapeno Popper Bacon Burger from Shared Appetite
Smokey Chipotle Cheddar Burgers from Half Baked Harvest
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
More Recipes From Me: