Roasted Bell Pepper and Garlic Pasta Salad made with Basil Dressing. This pasta salad is made with a variety delicious roasted bell peppers, roasted garlic and mixed with delicious fresh basil dressing. It’s very simple but the taste is out of this world!
If you’re looking for a light and refreshing pasta salad for your barbecue or picnic, this is the one! Basil dressing is just perfect for this pasta and roasted belle peppers. It also has a great summer flavor.
You can easily roast bell peppers and garlic ahead of time so all you will need for the pasta salad is to cook pasta and dress it.
If you want to make the whole salad ahead of time, you are welcome to do so! Of course, remember that pasta is like a little sponge, it will soak up the dressing. So you may need to add a little more dressing to it before serving. (Or, dress it right before serving instead.)
Roasted Bell Pepper and Garlic Pasta Salad & Food Fight
- 1 lb of rotini pasta
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large orange bell pepper
- 1 large yellow bell pepper
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp white vinegar
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 3 Tbsp minced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400.
- On a baking sheet lined with foil, place bell peppers on their side. Cut off tips from garlic cloves (leave skin on) and wrap them in aluminum foil, together. Place wrapped garlic cloves on the baking sheet as well.
- Bake peppers and garlic for 20 minutes and then flip peppers on the other side for even roasting.
- Cook for another 10 minutes and take out garlic but let peppers roast for additional 10 minutes after garlic is taken out. (Total time for peppers is about 40 minutes. Total time for garlic is about 30 minutes (less for smaller cloves of garlic).)
- While peppers are roasting, cook pasta according to the package, strain and set aside.
- When peppers are cooled, cut off the tops, take off the skin and take out the seeds. Cut peppers in strips and add them to pasta.
- Mince roasted garlic and add it to pasta as well. Mix very well and add salt to taste.
- In a small jar with lid, combine olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, basil and some salt. Close and shake very well until all combined.
- Add dressing to pasta and mix well until evenly coated.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.