Happy grilled cheese month! I have a great grilled cheese for you and it’s light!
I know, I don’t usually participate in the whole “National ___ Month.” Not because I don’t like it, but because I just can’t keep up or forget to make something and post it. I honestly don’t know where people find what to celebrate each month or who decides it. Love the spirit of celebrating something all the time, though. So fun!
Well, grilled cheese is easy to remember because I make them all the time. I also love playing around with different flavors. This month, of course, various grilled cheese sandwiches have been everywhere. They all look so delicious.
This was kind of a last minute idea. I make myself spinach and feta quesadilla quite often. It’s a light and delicious lunch that’s ready in 10 minutes. I was about to make another one and remembered that it was a grilled cheese month, so I made a grilled cheese version. I also covered it in Parmesan for a nice crispy/cheesy crust.
Spinach Feta Parmesan Crusted Grilled Cheese
- 4 oz of cooked chopped spinach (or frozen), squeezed
- 1/2 cup of crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tbs chopped green onion
- salt pepper
- Your favorite butter substitute
- 3 tbs shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 thin slices of sourdough bread
- Spread the butter substitute of each slice of bread.
- Divide the Parmesan between each slice, on the buttered side. Spread evenly and press it down lightly.
- Preheat the pan on medium heat and spay with a little bit of Pam.
- In a small bowl, mix the spinach, feta, green onion, salt and pepper until all combined.
- Place one slice of bread in the pan, Parmesan side down. Top off with the spinach/feta mixture(evenly and press it lightly).
- Cover with the second slice of bread, Parmesan side up. Press it down and cook on medium-low heat, covered, for about 5 minutes on each side. (Be careful flipping it, and press it again after you flip it.)
If you like this grilled cheese, I have a couple more for you!
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to emails of follow me through | Facebook| Twitter| Pinterest| so you don’t miss any more recipes!
I will be sharing this recipe at the wonderful parties in my party tab + Weekend Potluck and Rattlebridge Farm. Swing by and link up your own projects!
Remember to come back and link up to my party on Saturday night!!