Happy grilled cheese month! I have a great grilled cheese for you that is stuffed with spinach and feta mixture and crusted with shaved parmesan cheese on the outside.
I know, I don’t usually participate in the whole “National ___ Month.” Not because I don’t like it, but because I just can’t keep up or forget to make something and post it. I honestly don’t know where people find what to celebrate each month or who decides it. Love the spirit of celebrating something all the time, though. So fun!
Well, grilled cheese is easy to remember because I make them all the time. I also love playing around with different flavors. This month, of course, various grilled cheese sandwiches have been everywhere. They all look so delicious.
This was kind of a last-minute idea. I make myself spinach and feta quesadilla quite often. It’s a light and delicious lunch that’s ready in 10 minutes. I was about to make another one and remembered that it was a grilled cheese month, so I made a grilled cheese version. I also covered it in Parmesan for a nice crispy/cheesy crust.
Spinach Feta Parmesan Crusted Grilled Cheese
- 4 oz cooked chopped spinach (or frozen) squeezed
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped green onion
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp butter spread
- 3 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 thin slices of sourdough bread
- Spread the butter substitute of each slice of bread.
- Divide the Parmesan between each slice, on the buttered side. Spread evenly and press it down lightly.
- Preheat the pan on medium heat and spay with a little bit of Pam.
- In a small bowl, mix the spinach, feta, green onion, salt and pepper until all combined.
- Place one slice of bread in the pan, Parmesan side down. Top off with the spinach/feta mixture(evenly and press it lightly).
- Cover with the second slice of bread, Parmesan side up. Press it down and cook on medium-low heat, covered, for about 5 minutes on each side. (Be careful flipping it, and press it again after you flip it.)