Potato salad is a must at any barbecue gathering and this one is a “must try”! This Parmesan Dill Potato Salad is made with red potatoes, shaved Parmesan cheese, fresh dill weed and a touch of lemon zest.
What is better potato salad or pasta salad?
I’ve been asking this question for a long time and the preference seems to be tied. People seem to love both the same. I even hit the internet to see which one people search for more. Guess what? It’s just about the same! Just as many people look for potato salad recipes as pasta salad recipes. Do you like one more than the other?
Personally, I like potatoes much more than pasta and therefore, I prefer potato salad over pasta salad. This one especially!
If you are a long time visitor to my site, you may have seem my Loaded Baked Potato Salad. It’s the most requested one of my (any salad) recipes for a potluck or holiday gathering. It’s great, it really is! Although, I would have to give preference to this Parmesan Dill Potato Salad now. Perhaps it’s because I have a slight addiction to dill weed. I absolutely love that herb and this potato salad has a strong dill flavor in it. It also has shaved Parmesan cheese, now how awesome is that?
For just a little more flavor, I added some lemon zest. Best decision ever! Citrus goes perfectly in this salad…trust me!
Did you know that you could save the recipes to your personal recipe box with the Once you have your favorite recipes in your Recipe Box create a Meal Plan with them and the ingredients will automatically be added to a Grocery List! Don’t forget to check deals and coupons!
Parmesan Dill Potato Salad
- 5-6 medium Red Potatoes boiled
- 1 Tbsp fresh minced dill weed
- Zest from 1/2 large lemon
- 3/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Cook potatoes in salted, boiling water (on medium high heat) until just done but not falling apart and cool them completely before cutting. Cut them in 1/2 inch cubes and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add Parmesan cheese, green onion, lemon zest, dill, salt and pepper and gently stir until all evenly mixed.
- In a separate bowl, mix mayo, Dijon mustard and sour cream until smooth and even.
- Add mayo mixture to the potato mixture and gently mix until mayo mixture is evenly incorporated throughout the salad.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Check out more salad ideas from these great bloggers:
Jack’s Potato Salad from A Family Feast
Southern Style Red Potato Salad from Spiced
German Potato Salad from Five Hearts Home
Mode Delicious Salads From Me:
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!