Scrumptious, soft muffins made with fresh cranberries and white chocolate chips. These tasty muffins are also topped with sweet cranberry streusel.
I hope you are having a nice holiday season because over here, my head is spinning. Seems like between family craziness, work craziness, school craziness, looking for a new house and my little man starting new school, I’m pulled in a hundred different directions. I can’t wait to get a little break, which I’m hoping will come soon, very soon. Meanwhile, an afternoon coffee break is a must, I can’t survive the day without a couple cups of coffee. You know what goes great with coffee? Muffins! It’s been a while since I had a homemade, fresh-from-the-oven muffin.
Little man dug up a bag of cranberries that I had in a fridge and was begging for me to open them so he could eat them. Hmmm, I guess he never actually had a fresh cranberry without it being in a baked treat or sweetened in any way. I gave him a couple of chances to back out but he was very much set of having some cranberries. So I gave him one to try and he looked at me like I was “Scrooge McDuck.” I told him that he could have more if he wanted but he should start with one. He didn’t need any more…
So instead, I offered to bake some muffins with cranberries and throw on some streusel since he was still a little hesitant after the fresh cranberry taste. Streusel always sweetens the deal. I threw in some minced dried cranberries into streusel too. Muffins came out awesome and that streusel definitely put them over the top.
I got inspired to make some cranberry white chocolate chip muffins after having my morning coffee with White Chocolate Raspberry International Delight creamer. It’s one of my favorite flavor combinations and I wanted to make the muffins a little more festive by using cranberries. Although, whole raspberries can definitely be substituted here.
Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Streusel Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- 1 1/4 cup fresh whole cranberries
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp white sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 1/2 Tbsp melted butter
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries minced
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a muffin pan with some baking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk egg, sugar, melted butter, sour cream, vanilla and milk.
- Sift in flour, salt and baking powder. Whisk together until smooth.
- Fold in cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Fill the muffin pan cups ¾ full with muffin batter and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, white sugar and flour. Mix well until all ingredients are incorporated evenly.
- Pour in melted butter and carefully fold it in with a large fork. You will want to be careful so you don't over-mix. Streusel should look like large crumbs and not paste.
- Fold in minced, dried cranberries into streusel crumbs.
- Sprinkle about two tablespoons of streusel on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 27-30 minutes (Do a toothpick test to check if they are done. Tip: insert the toothpick in the batter part and try not to hit a cranberry).
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or any other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!
Make sure to sign up for International Delight Newsletter and don’t forget to visit International Delight onFacebook and Twitter and don’t miss any promotions, sweepstakes and coupons! For more recipe ideas, visit International Delight on Pinterest.
This conversation is sponsored by International Delight. The opinions and text are all mine.