It’s National Grilled Cheese month! Took me long enough but I finally have a new grilled cheese recipe for you. This is a sandwich with a muscle, made with steak, caramelized onions and sharp white cheddar!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram.
I know that I’m a bit late with a recipe for this year’s National Grilled Cheese month but I have an excuse. Wait…no I don’t, I completely forgot. I remembered back in March that one of my favorite months was coming up but got insanely busy.
This past weekend, I finished most of my school work and now I am playing catch-up on everything else. My house is a mess during finals, so lots of cleaning and laundry to do. Spring cleaning is also in order but my Spring cleaning starts in late April. I love it though…I hate junk and have a field day, throwing away all the old stuff we don’t touch anymore. I make hubs sort out and toss his stuff too… He is such a pack rat.
After a long morning of cleaning, we definitely need a lunch that will make it all worth it.
This grilled cheese is sure to satisfy your hungry tummy. I used an eye round steak because it tender, thin and cooks in a flash. I also used sharp white cheddar cheese to give this sandwich some flavor attitude!
Steak and Onion Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices Italian bread
- 4 oz eye round steak
- 2 oz sliced sharp white cheddar
- 1/4 cup sliced yellow onion
- Fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat the cooking pan on medium heat with a little bit of oil.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper and saute until it reaches desired temperature. Set aside to cool until it can be handled.
- Meanwhile, saute onions in the same pan with a little bit of salt, on medium-high heat, until golden brown. Set aside.
- Slice the steak thinly.
- Layer bread, half the cheese, steak, onions, remaining cheese and second slice of bread in the cooking pan.
- Cook on medium until the cheese is melted and bread is nicely toasted.
More Grilled Cheese Recipes From Me:
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!