Ah, comfort food, there is nothing better. Easy pasta casserole loaded with chicken, tomatoes, corn, red onion, and lots of cheese! This chicken, cheesy goodness is baked with BBQ ranch sauce for a full flavor experience.
It’s comfort food time!! (Clap…clap…clap!)
Now that the weather is getting cooler for many of you, it’s time to pull out all those favorite casserole. macaroni and cheese and soup recipes. You know, all the best foods meant to warm your soul as much as your body.
This BBQ Ranch Chicken Casserole is definitely one of those dishes. It’s warm, cheesy, satisfying and scrumdelicious! All the flavors in this casserole compliment each other perfectly and did I mention…cheeeesy?! I love Monterrey Jack cheese, it’s so nice melted in pasta, sandwiches or even over plain chicken. The cheesier the dish, the better…don’t you agree?
And let me tell you, whoever invented BBQ ranch is a genius! Can’t tell you exactly when was the first time I tried it but it sure was a great day. Such a simple idea of combining the two but the result is something extra special. If you haven’t tried it yet, you are missing out. So run to your kitchen right now and try it. (I’ll wait…)
Did you know that you could save the recipes to your personal recipe box with the Once you have your favorite recipes in your Recipe Box create a Meal Plan with them and the ingredients will automatically be added to a Grocery List! Don’t forget to check deals and coupons!
- 2 chicken breasts (about 1 lb)
- ½ lb dry pasta
- 1 cup sweet corn
- 3 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- ⅓ cup red onion, diced
- 1½ cup grated Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 cup grated Monterrey Jack cheese for topping
- fresh cracked peppercorns
- 1½ cups ranch dressing
- ¾ cup BBQ sauce
- Cook pasta just until it is nearly done but do not overcook. Set aside.
- Cook chicken with a little salt until completely done. Let cool until it can be handled, chop and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a casserole dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine diced tomatoes, diced onion, corn, cooked pasta and chopped chicken. Add some salt and cracked peppercorn, mix well.
- Whisk ranch and BBQ together and add it to the mixing bowl. Mix until evenly distributed.
- Add 1½ cups of Monterrey Jack cheese and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture into the casserole dish and spread it evenly. Top with remaining cheese all over and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Chicken Supreme Pasta Bake from Inside BruCrew Life
Southwest Chicken Casserole from Fit Foodie Finds
White Chicken Enchilada Casserole from Chew Out Loud
Easy Chicken Fajita Casserole from Back for Seconds
More Great Pasta Dishes From Me:
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!