This Crab and Artichoke Dip is creamy, cheesy and absolutely delicious. This crowd pleasing dip is made with lump crab meat, artichoke hearts, and extra cheese. Buttery crumble on top is a perfect texture and flavor addition.
Crab and Artichoke Dip
This fantastic artichoke dip will please any crowd, whether it’s a family gathering or a holiday party.
I’m such a sucker for hot, cheesy dips. If there is a dip like that at a party, you know where to find me. I’m hanging out with the dip and a handful of crackers.
My two absolute favorite dips are Hot Crab Dip and Spinach Artichoke Dip. Those are such classic dips and that’s because they are the best. This crab and artichoke dip is a beautiful combination of the two classics.
It’s very easy to put this dip together and all you need is a hand-held blender and a bowl. Just mix ingredients together, transfer it into the baking dish, and top it off with a buttery cracker crumb topping.
Bake it and serve hot with an array of crackers, bread sticks, and pretzels.
Can this dip be made ahead of time?
Absolutely! This dip is easily put together ahead of time. Just prepare everything up to the step where you add the cracker topping.
Don’t add the topping until ready to bake or it will get wet and soggy.
This dip can be covered and refrigerated for a day or overnight. When ready, simply prepare the cracker topping, spread it over the dip, and bake until dip starts to bubble.
Can this be made without crackers? (Gluten Free)
Yes, this dip can definitely be made either without the cracker crumb topping or gluten free.
Cracker topping can be substituted for extra cheese on top.
If you still want the cracker topping but want it gluten free, simply use gluten free crackers when preparing the topping.
What to serve with this dip:
There are several things that will go great with this artichoke dip.
The best thing is freshly made baguette toasts. If you have the time, slice baguette thinly, brush it with some olive oil, and bake at 350 until golden.
Faster options include an array of crackers, pretzel chips, or breadsticks.
For the guests who want slightly healthier option, you can serve some celery sticks and cucumber slices. The flavor combination of this dip and veggies is not as good as with bread but it is a nice healthy alternative.
Can this dip be reheated?
Yes it can! There are two simple ways to re-heat the dip. You can do it in the microwave or in the oven.
Personally, I prefer to re-heat these kinds of dips in the over. Although, it does take a little loner, it re-heats nicer that way. Simply reheat at 350° until hot throughout.
In the microwave, it can be reheated in portions or as a whole. Reheat it covered and you will need to mix in the middle to ensure even heat.
Here are some more dips to enjoy:
If you don’t want to miss any new recipes, subscribe to e-mail or follow me through my social media channels!
Don’t forget to sign up for email, so you won’t miss any new recipes.
Crab and Artichoke Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 oz Monterrey Jack cheese
- 4 oz Mozzarella cheese
- 6 oz lump crab meat
- 14 oz baby artichoke hearts canned, drained well and gently squeezed
- 1/2 cup Ritz cracker crumbs (10-12 pulsed crackers)
- 2 Tbsp butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a baking dish. (I.5 or 2 quart baking dish will be fine.)
- Combine cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and salt in a mixing bowl. Beat with electric mixer until all combined and smooth.
- Stir in shredded (or grated) Monterrey Jack cheese and mozzarella cheese until evenly incorporated.
- Go through lump crab meat to make sure there are no shell pieces. Drain and squeeze artichoke hearts. Dice artichoke hearts.
- Add crab meat and diced artichoke hearts to the cheese mixture and mix until evenly incorporated.
- Spread dip mixture in the baking dish evenly.
- For crumb topping: pulse Ritz crackers in a blender until it's just crumbs. Mix crackers with melted butter evenly.
- Spread crumb topping all over the top of dip.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until bubbly around the edges.