Another addition to our Mexican Night! I absolutely love Spanish rice and I found that adding some Salsa on top made it so much better!
My little man went completely coo coo for rice!
2 tbs vegetable oil
3 garlic cloves
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1 1/2 cup chopped Roma tomatoes
2 cups of long grain white rice
2 cups of vegetable stock
2 cups of water
1/4 cup minced cilantro
1 tsp chili powder
1. Heat up the oil in a large skillet. Add the chopped onion and grated garlic and saute for about 20 seconds
2. Add the chopped tomatoes, cook for a few minute until start giving out juice
3. Add the rice, mix well and cook for a couple of minutes
4. Add the stock and water slowly, bring to boil and reduce to medium low
5. Add the salt, pepper and chili powder. Cook covered and stirring occasionally until the rice is tender. (add more stock/water if necessary)
6. Add the minced cilantro when almost ready
** For chicken tenders: grill chicken tenders with tomato/basil seasoning and some salt and chili powder.
* I am linking this recipe to the Thursday and Friday PARTIES. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!?