2 tbs olive oil
1/2 cup onion, sliced thin
2 cups of sliced mushrooms
2 garlic cloves
1 1/2 cups of Arborio rice
3/4 cups white wine (split in two)
3 cups of stock (split in 3 parts)
3/4 cups of water (split in two)
2/3 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup green onion, chopped small
1. Preheat a large deep skillet, Heat up oil in the skillet
2. Add the slice onion and saute until fragrant
3. Add sliced mushrooms and saute for about 3-4 minutes
4. Add Arborio rice and mix well. Grate in the garlic, mix and saute for a couple of minutes.
5. Add first half of wine, cook for a couple of minutes then add 1 cup of stock. Cook until the rice absorbed the liquid.
6. Add first half of water and 1 cup of stock. Cook until the rice absorbed the liquid.
7. Add the second half of wine and 1 cup of stock and cook until the rice absorbed the liquid.
8. Add the second half of water, heavy cream and green onion. Cook until rice absorbed most of the liquid. Taste to make sure rice is all the way cooked (and if not, then add another 1/4 cup of stock or water until rice is fully cooked)
* I am linking this recipe to Sunday and Monday PARTIES in my party tab. Why don’t you visit the wonderful hosts and link some of your own projects!