Delicious classic dinner to share with family or on a date night. Risotto made with shiitake mushrooms, chives and truffle oil for a flavor kick!
Do you have something in your pantry that you got one day, long ago, and you’ve been dying to use?
I got truffle oil at Home Goods a while ago and I’ve been trying to find good uses for it. This was definitely one of the best one so far!
I’ve been craving some risotto lately since I don’t make it too often. I’m sure those of you who’s made risotto in the past, knows what a high maintenance dish this can be…is! Well, when I saw some beautiful shiitake mushrooms at a local Riverside Arts Market, I knew they were meant to be in a risotto!
Speaking of the Arts Market, little man and I love that place. I can’t believe that I completely forgot about it and haven’t been there in like a year. It’s right on the river and I love that it has local artists, all kinds of handmade products and of course, local farmers. Best part is there are local food vendors with lots of deliciousness to have for lunch and local bands to keep you entertained!
We had a great time and I got some great produce to cook this week!
This was my loot from the market! Make sure to Follow Me On Instagram to get these fun updates!
I mentioned using truffle oil in this recipe and I definitely recommend it!! It will give your risotto an incredible flavor. Just make sure to add it as a last step and not actually cook on it.
Did you know that you could save the recipes to your personal recipe box with the Once you have your favorite recipes in your Recipe Box create a Meal Plan with them and the ingredients will automatically be added to a Grocery List! Don’t forget to check deals and coupons!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large shallot, sliced thin
- 2 cups of sliced shiitake mushrooms (use other kind of you want)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1½ cups of Arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine (split in two)
- 3 cups of vegetable stock (split in 3 parts)
- ¾ cups of water (split in two)
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- ½ tsp thyme
- fresh cracked peppercorns
- 2 tsp truffle oil (black or white)
- Preheat a large deep skillet on medium heat and add olive oil.
- Add sliced shallot and saute until fragrant.
- Add sliced mushrooms and saute for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add Arborio rice and mix well. Grate in the garlic, mix and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Add first half of wine, cook for a couple of minutes then add 1 cup of stock. Cook until rice absorbed the liquid.
- Add first half of water, 1 cup of stock and thyme. Cook until rice absorbed the liquid.
- Add the second half of wine and 1 cup of stock and cook until rice absorbed the liquid.
- Add salt and peppercorn to taste.
- Add the second half of water and chives. Cook until rice absorbed most of the liquid. Taste to make sure rice is all the way cooked and you added enough salt (and if not, then add another ½ cup of stock until rice is fully cooked).
- Add truffle oil and stir well.
- Serve right away and enjoy!
Check out these great recipes from other bloggers:
Sweet Potato Risotto from A Family Feast
Butternut Squash and Sage Risotto with Goat Cheese from Vikalinka
Pumpkin Goat Cheese Risotto from Wine and Glue
Sweet Pea and Crispy Bacon Risotto from Diethood
More Dinner Ideas From Me!
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!