This is a delicious and simple, weeknight dinner for the whole family to enjoy! Pasta shells stuffed with spinach, bacon and cheese mix.
If you’re looking for ideas for a cozy and easy dinner, this is always popular at my house. These stuffed shells are comforting and tasty. It makes me happy to serve something with a little green added to it. The little one eats more veggies than my husband, but he is still pretty picky. He loves pasta and ricotta, so he happily devours these shells.
In order for me to convince my husband to eat greens, all I have to do is add bacon. This is actually my sneaky way to add greens to our favorite stuffed shells. I may have added spinach but I also added some lean and crispy bacon to make him happy.
Spinach & Bacon Stuffed Shells
- 12-14 pasta shells you need 12 but cook a couple extra just in case some break
- 8 oz frozen spinach thawed and squeezed
- 5-6 slices of bacon crispy and chopped
- 8 oz Ricotta cheese
- 1 tbs minced fresh Parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese to mix in
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese for topping
- 1 1/2 cups 2 if you like it saucy of Marinara sauce
- salt pepper
- Cook the pasta shells according to the package, drain and set aside. (rinsing with cold water will help to keep the shells from sticking to each other)
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, spinach, bacon pieces, parsley, mozzarella cheese, salt and pepper. Mix until evenly incorporated.
- Spread 1/2 cup of Marinara sauce on the bottom of the casserole dish. (I used 8 1/2 x 6 1/2 size casserole dish)
- Carefully stuff the shells with the spinach/cheese mixture. Lay the shells in the casserole dish. It will fit 12.
- Spread the remaining Marinara sauce over the shells. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
Make sure you follow me through your favorite blog reader (bloglovin or other), subscribe to e-mail or follow me through social media of your choice to keep up with the recipes!